Sunday, December 5, 2010

Into the garden city (Part 3-Life with Abhi................)

"Whenever we were surrounded by lot of good friends we would not think about small things…” Moreover she doesn’t have a mobile to contact.I appreciated her in my mind because “she was absolutely following her principles…..”

When I was doing the design course, me, Juno, Shafy and one more his friend Abhilash were staying together. Abhi was 4 months junior to us in college while doing this course. I remember having a wonderful time during that time.

Abhilash’s character was entirely different, he will be too angry sometimes and sometimes he will behave like a small kid. His mind was always disturbed coz of his family disputes. He was just another example of how domestic disputes can change some ones mind and thinking. His father and mother stayed separately because of that and he was living with his mother till that time. During the initial stages I struggled a lot to make a friendship with him. But gradually I made a good friendship and came closer despite of those small misunderstandings.

After finishing our course only three of us got job (Me, Levin, sreejith or popularly known as “coco”) and others were planned to go back to hometown and it was time to say good bye to some of them. After seeing Shafy’s sad face I felt too bad and I thought why did I get that job?? Me and he started same day from Eranakulam and now he is planning to go back :( moreover he is a close friend of mine. But Abhi stayed back to complete his course.

After Shafy left Bangalore, for few days it was too boring. But Abhi gave me a good company and finally his turn arrived. He completed his course and decided to move back to Tvm. I told him to stay back in Bangalore one more week and he extended his travel.

Finally that day arrived we packed all his dress and I carried one of his heavy bag. We went to Majestic to catch the train, his train was at 5 15, we reached there at 5 itself, walked towards platform number 5, I told him a lot things.”Be a good boy and help your mother ………..” He was a kind of person who never had contact with girls and that day when we started from our room one girl smiled on him. He was too happy and even in train he was the only boy in the entire compartment and he got a side window seat opposite to a good looking gal. When the train took from platform he smiled and I know I would miss him but I didn’t show my sad face to him. I smiled and said “take care……………..”

Exactly after one week when I was in office Juno came to my cabin and said, “Abhi went for swimming in a temple pond and drowned…..”
It was a shock for me, we all of us (Juno, Levin, Sreejith, Hashif) took a bus and went to tvm. I haven’t seen his face. It was my mistake, I could have stopped him from going and made him stay with me for one more week…..…


We met his father for the first time at the funeral. Shafy understood from my face that I wanted to say something to him. We called him out side and said “uncle if u were here with Abhi and his mother this would have never happened, please forget all the past things and please stay together at least for getting a good life in heaven” He didn’t speak a single word al all, I said in mind “what kind of a man he is”
I could not see the face of his mother..I never had the courage too..That day I stayed at Juno’s home and we returned to blre next day itself.
After a few months later as a part of my office work, I was in tvm and I went to abhi’s home with Juno’s father. But we found out that his mother was not there. She was staying with her cousins. We went there, when I said that my name was Tinu, she started crying and said all the things I did the last day when abhi left Bangalore. I cant describe my feeling then………

I heard from juno some months back that Abhi’s father and mother were staying together now, I was too happy when I heard that.
Its too hard to believe now too that he passed way,because I likes him too much………………………….

15 comments:

Unknown said...

continue the good work...somewhere a Vaikom Mohammed Basheer is hiding.......

Tinu................... said...

ha ha....yeah sure my sis.............:)

Ajith R Nair said...

"life with abhi" was touching dear...

Aravind said...

Ncely written...Touching !

sooraj said...

touching one..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sangeeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anoop..........(Njan fittalla...) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
viswamurthy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunil Raveendran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pratheesh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.